Wednesday, April 18, 2012

School at the U, marriage, and Beyond

"I got this place like a boss, I a'int leaving"
In exactly 16 days from today I will be graduating from the University of Utah. I've spent the last 2 years of my life fighting people for parking spots like walruses fight for the perfect spot on a beach to lay their fat, disgusting bodies. Although parking at the U was a beast, I won't let it take up anymore of my time here even though I know that's what you truly want to read about.

In all seriousness, my time at school was awesome when I wasn't bogged down with homework and worrying about what kind of score I got on the GRE (which is the stupidest test ever developed by human species and has been proven that it is an unreliable source of student assessment, but, I digress).  The professors that I worked with were awesome, I learned new things from them that I will hopefully be able to take with me and implement into my task in life (i.e. Graduate school). However, this last year of school was filled with application deadlines, talking to professors with a permanent smile so they would write letters of recommendation for me, and last but not least, going up to school everyday for a whole semester to help out in a rat lab (ask Britt what she thinks about that, she'll let you know how happy she was that I was doing that). To say the least, it was my least favorite year in school.

"Have fun not being a man for the rest of your life"
Other than school, I got married (hooray!) to the best gal that a guy like me could ever ask for. It was funny, when Britt and I were engaged she told me that she'd rather have me take her last name and have a hyphenated last name. This would have resulted in my new name being Matthew Richard Schultz-Frazier.....She might as well just taken my man parts with her as well. Just kidding, it wouldn't have been that bad but there was just no way Britt was getting her way on that one. Nope, not at all. I don't want to go out to dinner and be like, "Put the table name under Schultz-Frazier, please" and have the host or hostess give me a look like "You weak, weak man. You had to hyphenate your last name because your wife wouldn't take yours. Does she tell you what kind of shows you can watch, what to wear, and who you can talk to?"

Seriously though, I have the best wife. No battle, war, or whatever you say when you know you're right and people try to tell you you're wrong. Britt is so great, she has been the best thing to ever happen to me in my life. I'm so grateful everyday that I have her and that she's always there to support me. Even when my bipolar decisions try to take over Britt is always there to calm me down and help me make the right decisions. I bet LeBron Jame wishes he had Britt there to help him make his decision when he was picking a different team to go to.
"I wish Brittney Schultz would have convinced me to go to the Utah Jazz"

1 comment:

  1. Yay for graduating! That is awesome. I'm so proud of you.

    Britt is awesome. I'm happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete